Tuesday 26 November 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Betta St John and Lorraine Macleod.
Pandora's Box, directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1929 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- Betta St John: Hawthorne, California -- Actress (Corridors of Blood).
- Lorraine Macleod: Dancer (Girls Just Want to Have Fun).
- Betta Saint John in Hawthorne: California, USA; actress (Corridors of Blood).
- Keven Barrett: Australian astrologer, a student from 1970.
- Slavko Avsenik: Slovenian singer-songwriter and accordion player (d. 2015).
- Betta John: American actress singer and dancer
- Michele Esposito: Composer, dies at 74.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 November 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1929 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- If I Had a Talking Picture of You - Johnny Hamp & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?