Saturday 26 November 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Hernando's Hideaway by Johnston Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
El, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Tontine by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1955!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1955 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- Gisela Stuart: German-English academic and politician.
- Bob Walk: Baseball player.
- Tracy [Raye] Hickman: United States -- Sci-fi author (Dragons of Spring Dawning).
- Boy Friend closes at Royale Theater NYC after 483 performances
- 43rd CFL Grey Cup: Edmonton Eskimos defeats Montreal Alouettes, 34-19
- Emergency crisis proclaimed in Cyprus
- Johnny Cash debuts Top 10 country song Cry! Cry! Cry!
- In Montgomery, Alabama, Rosa Parks refuses to obey bus driver James F. Blake's order that she give up her seat to make room for a white passenger and is arrested, leading to the Montgomery bus boycott.
- The International Federation of Blood Donor Organizations was founded in Luxembourg.
- The American Federation of Labor and the Congress of Industrial Organizations merge to become the AFL-CIO.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?