Monday 26 November 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nico Slothouwer and Dale Jarrett.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Written on the Wind, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Air Power.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1956 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- Nico Slothouwer: Dutch poet (Man & his Bag).
- Dale Jarrett: American race car driver on the NASCAR circuit.
- Alessandro Momo: Italian young actor and sex symbol whose big movie was "Malizia," which means "bad dude.
- Nigel Vaz: Saudi Arabian-British politician, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1978.
- Don Lake: Canadian actor producer and screenwriter.
- Keith Vaz: Yemeni-English lawyer and politician Minister of State for Europe
- Tommy Dorsey: American trombonist composer and bandleader (The California Ramblers) (d. 1956).
- The Price Is Right debuts on NBC
- USSR single sculls winner Vyacheslav Ivanov wins Olympic gold medal in his excitement he jumps for joy, and loses his medal, it sinks
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?