Thursday 26 November 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jamie Rose in New York City and Mike Moore.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Travellin' Light by Cliff Richard & The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Ben-Hur, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rocky and His Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1959!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1959 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- Jamie Rose in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Susan Birch - St Elsewhere, Falcon Crest).
- Mike Moore: Baseball player.
- Gabriella Gutiérrez y Muhs: American author and academic.
- Jerry Schemmel: American sportscaster.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Della Reese - Don't You Know
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Brook Benton - So Many Ways
- Wink Martindale - Deck Of Cards
- Ernie Fields - In The Mood
- Jerry Wallace - Primrose Lane
- Bobby Rydell - We Got Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?