Sunday 26 November 1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Blame It On The Rain by Milli Vanilli.
In UK All Around The World by Lisa Stansfield was in the top 5 hits.
Christmas Vacation, directed by Jeremiah Chechik, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Daddy by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1989!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1989 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
Famous Birthdays:26 November
- Ahmed Abdallah: Comorian politician (born 1919).
- 77th CFL Grey Cup: Saskatchewan defeats Hamilton Tiger-Cats, 43-40
- Comores coup under Bob Benard
- Luis Alberto Lacalle becomes President of Uruguay
- Rafael Callejas installed as President of Honduras
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise
- Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire
- Bad English - When I See You Smile
- Milli Vanilli - Blame It On The Rain
- Linda Ronstadt - Don't Know Much
- The B-52's - Love Shack
- Paula Abdul - (It's Just) The Way That You Love Me
- Soul II Soul - Back To Life
- Richard Marx - Angelia
- Alice Cooper - Poison
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 November 1989 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?