Sunday 26 November 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to My Love by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
Deja Vu, directed by Tony Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strutter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cloning Clyde or Command & Conquer: The First Decade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 26 November 2006 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 November
- US Judge James Robertson orders the US Treasury to change the dollar bill.
- Somali Civil War: The Islamic Courts Union that controls much of southern Somalia has dispatched thousands of troops to within 15km of the border with Ethiopia. (Al-Jazeera)
- War in Chad (2005–present):
- Chad's armed forces have retaken Abéché with no major fighting being reported. (Aljazeera)
- Chadian forces have also claimed to have retaken Biltine, but rebel forces deny these claims. (BBC)
- After earlier reports from The French embassy in Chad saying a large column of rebel vehicles had been spotted heading towards the capital N'Djamena, the embassy now says the progression has stopped. (BBC)
- Peter Hain, the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland criticizes ampquotmurky murdersampquot associated with Vladimir Putin's regime in Russia following the poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- Sunni and Shia Islamists score big victories in Bahrain's parliamentary elections as results are announced from yesterday's poll (Reuters via CNN)
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict:
- One NATO soldier and 57 insurgents are killed in fighting in southern Afghanistan. (The Boston Globe)
- Ecuadorian election: People in Ecuador go to the polls to choose a new president between Rafael Correa and Álvaro Noboa. Exit polls and unofficial polls indicate a victory for Correa. (Reuters)
- Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi collapses while giving a speech in Tuscany and has to be carried from the podium by his aides. Doctors treating him afterwards blamed a sudden drop in blood pressure. (BBC News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?