Wednesday 26 November 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 26 November 2008 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- Terrorist Mumbai: Indian terrorism attack by armed gunmen thought to be outsiders.
- The first of many attacks on Mumbai, India are fired. These ten coordinated attacks by Pakistan-based terrorists kill 166 and injure more than 300 people in Mumbai.
- The United Nations Security Council gave the green light to a plan by UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on the deployment of an EU civilian police and justice mission in Kosovo. (Reuters)
- The Czech constitutional court unanimously ruled that the disputed parts of the Lisbon Treaty are in line with the Czech Constitution. (Bloomberg)
- Woolworths Group PLC agrees to put its chain of 815 stores in the United Kingdom and DVD distribution businesses into administration with 30,000 jobs at risk. (''Times Online'')
- The European Union proposes a €200 billion stimulus package that will include already-spent money (Al Jazeera)
- U.S. President-elect Barack Obama announces that he will create a new ampquoteconomic recovery board,ampquot headed by Paul Volcker, designed to provide ampquotfresh perspectiveampquot on the current economic issues (CNN)
- Vitaly Karayev, the mayor of Vladikavkaz, the capital of North Ossetia-Alania in Russia is assassinated. (BBC)
- 2008 Thai political crisis:
- The People's Alliance for Democracy claims to be in complete control of Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok's international airport. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Thai authorities evacuate thousands of passengers from Suvarnabhumi Airport. (ABC News Australia)
- Thai Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat rejects calls for election. BBC News adde
- The Greenlandic self-government referendum passes with 75% approval. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?