Thursday 26 November 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
Zvenigora, directed by Aleksandr Dovzhenko, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Tempted by P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NSFW Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beat It! or Conga Bugs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 2009!
Which were the important events of 26 November 2009 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 November
- Ireland's Taoiseach Brian Cowen is confronted by displeased residents in Athlone during his half-day tour of flood-hit areas in Galway, Offaly, Roscommon and Westmeath. (RTÉ)
- The Murphy Report, commissioned by the Irish government, finds that the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Dublin covered up widespread sexual abuse of children by priests until the mid 1990s. (BBC)
- All pleas to halt British hacker Gary McKinnon being extradited to the United States to face trial for breaking into NASA and military computers looking for UFO evidence fail as UK Home Secretary orders his extradition. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- The Namibian National Society for Human Rights announces it will approach the High Court after the electoral commission withdraws its observer status for the general election on Friday. (BBC)
- The Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) labels the Maguindanao massacre in the Philippines the ampquotsingle deadliest event for the pressampquot ever documented. (''Philippine Daily Inquirer'')
- The Supreme Court in Bogotá convicts and sentences former general Jaime Uscátegui to 40 years in prison for his role in the Mapiripán Massacre in 1997 by far right militias. (Colombia Reports)
- Floods in Saudi Arabia kill around 77 people in Jeddah, Rabigh and Mecca, and a further 351 are missing in the heaviest rainfall in years. (''Saudi Gazette'')
- Germany's army chief Wolfgang Schneiderhan resigns over allegations of a cover up related to a September NATO airstrike in northern Afghanistan. (Xinhua)
- South Korea's Constitutional Court strikes down a decades old law that punished men for making false promises of marriage to engage in sexual relations with women. (''Times of India'')
- A gunman attacks the University of Pécs in southern Hungary, killing one and injuring at least three people. (Caboodle.hu)
- Ceremonies are held in India to mark the first anniversary of a series of attacks in Mumbai by Pakistani militants which killed 166 people. (''The Guardian'')
- China unveils its first firm target to cut greenhouse gas emissions, ahead of a United Nations summit in Copenhagen next month. (Reuters)
- Police in Hong Kong attempt to find the founder of a Facebook group whose members claim to have planned to commit a mass suicide on December 21. (Radio Television Hong Kong)
- Citizens of St Vincent and the Grenadines reject a new constitution which would have replaced Queen Elizabeth II with a president as Head of State. (Caribbean News Agency)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?