Saturday 26 November 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Immortals, directed by Tarsem Singh Dhandwar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Steve Jobs: A Biography by Walter Isaacson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 26 November 2011 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 November
- The Mars Science Laboratory rover Curiosity, the most elaborate Martian exploration vehicle to date, is launched from the Kennedy Space Center. It lands on Mars on August 5, 2012.
- 26 Pakistani soldiers are killed after a NATO helicopter opens fire on a Pakistani checkpoint, sparking outrage from the Pakistani government. (CNN)
- Colombian military forces raid a FARC rebel hideout in the province of Caquetá, freeing police sergeant Luis Alberto Erazu, who had been held hostage by FARC for 12 years. Four other hostages are killed by the rebels during the raid. (''Miami Herald'')
- New Zealand general election and voting method referendum:
- Voters in New Zealand go to the polls for a general election and voting method referendum. (NZ Stuff)
- The New Zealand National Party, led by incumbent Prime Minister John Key, wins 60 seats, one short of the 61 required for a majority. ACT New Zealand and United Future New Zealand indicate that they will work with the National Party to form a coalition government. (Television New Zealand)
- The Mixed Member Proportional voting system, on early votes only, wins a majority of the vote in the referendum and will be kept. Full results will be released on 10 December 2011. (''The Dominion Post'' via New Zealand Stuff)
- NASA launches the robotic Mars Science Laboratory, the largest rover yet sent to Mars, with the aim of finding evidence for past or present life on Mars. (BBC)
- NBA team owners and players reach an agreement to end the 149-day NBA lockout and to begin the current NBA season on Christmas Day. (ESPN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?