Saturday 26 October 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Adventures of Lieutenant Petrosino, directed by Sidney M. Goldin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1912 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Pierre Denoix: French surgeon.
- Don[ald] Siegel: Chicago, Illinois -- Director (Escape from Alcatraz, Shootist).
- Don Siegel: American director and producer (d. 1991).
- Woolwich Tunnel under Thames opens
- First Balkan War: The Ottoman occupied city of Thessaloniki, is liberated and unified with Greece on the feast day of its patron Saint Demetrius. On the same day, Serbian troops captured Skopje.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - The Rosary
- The Ragtime Jockey Man - Maurice Burkhardt & Peerless Quartet
- Goodbye, Everybody - Walter Van Brunt
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 October 1912 and get them!