Saturday 26 October 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georgette Amowitz and Hans Peter Haller.
The Taming of the Shrew, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1929 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Georgette Amowitz: Choreographer / educator.
- Hans Peter Haller: Composer.
- Hugo Consuegra Sosa: Cuban-American artist to work in the fields of painting, drawing, printmaking and graphic design.
- Marcel Hanoun: French filmmaker, photographer and writer, who died on 22 September 2012 in Creteil.
- Neal Matthews: Jr.
- Arno Holz: German naturalist poet and dramatist.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 October 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?