Monday 26 October 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Les Misérables, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1936 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Shelley Morrison: American actress.
- György Pauk: Hungarian violinist and educator.
- Bruce Belland in Chicago: Illinois, USA; singer (Tim Conway Hour).
- Bob Dellemijn: Lourdes-ganger / Franco-volunteer, dies in battle at 18.
- The first electric generator at Boulder Dam goes into full operation.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?