Saturday 26 October 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ivan Reitman and Maureen Anderman.
The Strange Woman, directed by Edgar Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching You Are an Artist.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1946 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Ivan Reitman: Director / producer (Private Parts, Ghostbusters, Dave).
- Maureen Anderman: Actress (Once Upon a Family, Rupture Fatale).
- Pat Sajak in Chicago: Illinois, USA; TV host (Wheel of Fortune, Pat Sajak Show).
- Belchior : Brazilian celebrity known for the magnificent quality of his voice, a pop singer and composer with many hits.
- Giorgio Rognoni: Italian top soccer player.
- Pat Sajak: American game show host
- Kevin Barron: English electrician and politician
- Keith Hopwood: English singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Herman's Hermits)
- Holly Woodlawn: Puerto Rican-American actress (d. 2015)
- Ioannis Rallis: Prime Minister of Greece (Born 1878).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rumors Are Flying - Billy Butterfield & His Orchestra (Vocal Pat O'Connor)
- Frank Sinatra - The Things We Did Last Summer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?