Sunday 26 October 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Forever Amber, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1947 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Michèle Bernard: French singer-songwriter.
- Hillary Clinton: American attorney and First Lady of the U.S.
- Ricardo Asch: Argentinian gynecologist and endocrinologist.
- Ian Ashley: German-English race car driver.
- Reg Empey: Northern Irish businessman and politician Lord Mayor of Belfast.
- Trevor Joyce: Irish poet and scholar
- Kenzo Kitakata: Japanese author
- John Robbins: American heir to the Baskin-Robbins fortune, groomed from youth to take over the world's largest ice-cream company. He heard a different call, that of leading a healthy society to live in harmony. At 11, he was reading Ralph Waldo Emerson and at 13, suggested to his synagogue that they spend money helping the poor rather than on temple improvements. At 21, he decided against joining the family company, founded by his dad, Irv, and uncle Burt Baskin. He cut himself off from his trust fund and mad
- Jaclyn Smith: American actress
- Hillary Rodham Clinton: First Lady of the United States and Senator from New York
- Canon Edwin Sidney Savage: English rector (Born 1862).
- The Maharaja of Kashmir agrees to allow his kingdom to join India.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I Wish I Didn't Love You So - Dick Haymes
- Kokomo, Indiana - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- Mickey - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- Dinah Shore - You Do
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?