Thursday 26 October 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Dark City, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1950 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Chuck Foreman: NFL running back (Minnesota Vikings).
- Dave Coleman: American baseball player, a right-handed outfielder who played eleven games with the Boston Red Sox in April and May 1977.
- 630 Dutch volunteers depart (on)to Korea
- Mother Teresa found her Mission of Charity in Calcutta, India
- South Korean troops reach Chosan at Chinese boundary
- Branch Rickey resigns as Brooklyn Dodgers' president.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Nevertheless (I'm In Love With You) - Ray Anthony
- Perry Como & Betty Hutton - A Bushel and a Peck
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?