Sunday 26 October 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Limelight, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1952 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Tony Abbott: Children's Author.
- Bobby Bandiera: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes).
- Edward Garnier: English lawyer and politician Solicitor General for England and Wales.
- Andrew Motion: English poet and Poet Laureate.
- David Was: American singer-songwriter and producer (Was (Not Was)).
- Rondi Reed: American stage actress, singer and performer.
- Hattie McDaniel: American singer and actress (Born 1895).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Yours (Quierme Mucho) - Vera Lynn
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?