Monday 26 October 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Heat, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1953 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Rosa Monckton: English fundraiser.
- Jennifer Roberson: United States -- Sci-fi author (Shapechangers, Sword-Maker).
- Roger Allam: English actor, known primarily for his stage career, although he has performed in film, television and radio.
- Tim Hutchinson: English publisher.
- Joe Meriweather: American basketball player and coach (d. 2013).
- Keith Strickland: American guitarist and songwriter (The B-52's)
- Maureen Teefy: American actress and singer
- Lauren Tewes: American actress
- Dennis Dunstan: Australian road manager of the musical group "Air Supply."
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 October 1953 and get them!