Tuesday 26 October 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include D W Moffett and Lauren Tewes in Braddock.
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Interlude, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1954 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- D W Moffett: Highland Park, Illinois -- Actor (Fine Things, Lisa, Chicago Sons).
- Lauren Tewes in Braddock: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (The Love Boat, Eyes of a Stranger).
- Vassilis Hatzipanagis: Greek footballer.
- Patrick Arduise: French writer and astrologer.
- Gilbert Rozon: Canadian impresario and founder of the Just for Laughs (Juste pour Rire) comedy festival, which he created on 14 July 1983.
- James Pickens: TV Actor
- Vasilis Hatzipanagis: Greek footballer
- Adam Mars-Jones: English author and critic
- D Moffett: American actor and director
- Floris HL Prims: Flemish priest / Historian / archivist of Antwerp.
- Chevrolet unveils V-8 engine
- Muslim Brotherhood member Mahmoud Abdul Latif tries to kill Gamal Abdal Nasser.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?