Wednesday 26 October 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to 96 Tears by ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians.
In UK Distant Drums by Jim Reeves was in the top 5 hits.
What's Up, Tiger Lily?, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1966!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1966 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Alex Pastoor: Dutch soccer player (FC Volendam).
- David Miley: Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Nike golfer (1992 Cleveland Open).
- Steve Valentine: British actor.
- Sverre Gjørvad: Norwegian drummer and composer (Dingobats).
- Jane Hajduk: American actress.
- Masaharu Iwata: Japanese keyboard player and composer
- Olga Bicherova: gymnastics (won title at age 15 years 33 days).
- Jeanne Zelasko: American journalist and sportscaster
- Alma Cogan: English singer (Born 1932).
- 1st Pacific communications satellite launched, Intelsat 2
- US aircraft carrier Oriskany catches fire at Gulf on Tonken, 43 die
- First Pacific communications satellite launched, Intelsat 2.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee
- Herman's Hermits - Dandy
- Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted
- Tommy Roe - Hooray For Hazel
- The Rolling Stones - Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow
- Eric Burdon and the Animals - See See Rider
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?