Saturday 26 October 1996
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix) by Los Del Rio.
In UK Breakfast At Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something was in the top 5 hits.
Romeo + Juliet, directed by Baz Luhrmann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while Make the Connection by Bob Greene, Oprah Winfre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1996!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1996 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
Famous Birthdays:26 October
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back To Me Now
- BLACKstreet - No Diggity
- Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever
- No Mercy - Where Do You Go
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- Eric Clapton - Change The World
- Babyface - This Is For The Lover In You
- AZ Yet - Last Night
- Merril Bainbridge - Mouth
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?