Sunday 26 October 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Womanizer by Britney Spears.
Role Models, directed by David Wain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Brisingr by Christopher Paolini was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Review with Myles Barlow.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Afrika or Armored Brigade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 2008!
Which were the important events of 26 October 2008 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 October
- Delmar Watson: American child actor (Born 1926).
- American commandos make a raid on a farm in Syria, across from Iraq. The Syrian government claims eight civilians killed.
- A shooter kills two people and injures another at the University of Central Arkansas in Conway, Arkansas. (CNN)
- A light aircraft en route from Gloucester, England, to Kilrush, Ireland, crashes in the Wicklow Mountains of Ireland, killing four people. (RTÉ)
- Kadima Party leader and Acting Prime Minister of Israel Tzipi Livni abandons efforts to form a coalition government and calls for early elections. (CNN)
- Georgian–Abkhazian conflict:
- Óscar Tulio Lizcano, a Conservative congressman kidnapped by the FARC in August 2000, is freed by the military in Chocó Department, Colombia. (BBC News)
- Municipal elections take place in Chile. The conservative opposition Alliance for Chile reaches 40% of the mayoral vote, winning an election for the first time in 50 years, in what is considered a barometer for the 2009 presidential election. (''El Mercurio'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?