Monday 26 October 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Down by Jay Sean.
Nathan der Weise, directed by Manfred Noa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching WOW Croatia.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Art Academy or Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 26 October 2009 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 October
- President of Tunisia Zine El Abidine Ben Ali wins 90% of votes, his fifth term and a new five-year mandate in the country's general election. (CBC)
- Jurelang Zedkaia is elected the 5th President of the Marshall Islands, following the ouster of Litokwa Tomeing in a no confidence vote last week. (Bernama)
- At least seven people are killed and at least four others are injured when a three-story building falls down in Palma, Majorca. The dead include at least three from Colombia. (BBC)
- Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadžić boycotts his own trial as it begins in The Hague. (''The Australian'')
- The UN's court in Freetown, Sierra Leone sees its final case after seven years of investigating the country's civil war. (Ghana Broadcasting Corporation)
- The trial of Japanese singer and actress Noriko Sakai begins in Tokyo. (''Japan Today'')
- South Korean cloning scientist Hwang Woo-Suk is convicted of fraud over his stem cell research. (''The New Zealand Herald'')
- King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia removes the sentence of 60 lashes for Rosanna Yami, female journalist involved in the ''Red Lines'' sex scandal. (CBC)
- A Sri Lankan court in Colombo releases Vetrivel Jaseeharan, the publisher of ''North Eastern Monthly'', and his wife after they were charged with conspiracy against the government in March 2008. The editor was given a twenty year jail sentence in August 2009. (''Khaleej Times'')
- It is announced that Silvio Berlusconi will stand trial on 16 November. (BBC)
- A crater found in northern Latvia, believed at first to be a meteorite strike, is revealed to be a hoax perpetrated by telecom operator Tele2. (Fox News)
- Uldis Nulle, a scientist at the Latvian Environment, Geology and Meteorology Centre, said: ampquotThis is not a real crater. It is artificial.ampquot (The Sun).
- Prof. Salamat Akhtar demands a repeal of blasphemy laws in Pakistan. (Pakistan Christian TV)
- Silvio Berlusconi has been diagnosed with scarlet fever. (''The Times'')
- The composer and pianist Elton John cancels his third concert in several days due to flu. (CBC)
- Yahoo! discontinues its free web hosting service GeoCities, ten years after purchasing it from David Bohnett and John Rezner. (''The Los Angeles Times'')
- Australian authorities offer a Aus$1 million reward in their search for a man suspected of ordering the murder of a vampire. (BBC)
- A police officer in Liverpool, England is hospitalised in a life threatening condition after undergoing a homophobic attack by a gang of twenty youths. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?