Wednesday 26 September 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1917!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1917 ?
- Henry Dessertaux: France Military man.
- Réal Caouette: Canadian journalist and politician (d. 1976).
- Tran Thao: Vietnamese-French philosopher and theorist (d. 1993).
- Real Caouette: French Canadian politician (d. 1976).
- Yves Guerrier: Redon physician.
- Thurman Tucker: American professional baseball player. A center fielder, Tucker played in Major League Baseball for nine seasons in the American League with the Chicago White Sox and Cleveland Indians. In 701 career games, Tucker recorded a batting average of .255 and accumulated 24 triples, nine home runs, and 179 runs batted in (RBI). He was nicknamed "Joe E." Tucker because of his resemblance to comedian Joe E. Brown.
- Edgar H G Degas: French Painter (ballerina).
- British assault on Menin-street, France
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- You're a Grand Old Flag - Prince's Orchestra
- Slippery Hank - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- Indiana - Conway's Band
- For Your Country and My Country - Frances Alda
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?