Thursday 26 September 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Caesar and Cleopatra, directed by Gabriel Pascal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1946!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1946 ?
- Osmel Sousa: Entrepreneur.
- Mary Beth Hurt [Mary Supinger]: Iowa, United States -- Actress (Garp, Interiors).
- Radha Krishna Mainali: Nepalese politician.
- John Gray: Canadian actor playwright and composer.
- Togo Igawa: Japanese actor.
- Radha Mainali: Nepalese politician
- Homa Rousta: Iranian actress (d. 2015)
- Louise Simonson: American comic book writer and editor
- Christine Whitman: American politician 50th Governor of New Jersey
- Christine Todd Whitman: American politician
- Andrea Dworkin: American feminist, a prominent radical theorist, speaker and author of both fiction and non-fiction books, best known for the campaign she waged against pornography in the 1970s and 1980s. Born to Jewish immigrant survivors of the Holocaust, Dworkin and her younger brother (1949-92) were raised in suburban New Jersey. Her mother was a secretary while her father worked by day as a schoolteacher and by night packing parcels in a post office before becoming a guidance counselor. Dworkin was moleste
- 1st edition of Tintin (Kuifje), publishes until June 1993
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rumors Are Flying - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?