Wednesday 26 September 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Quirke and Ronald De Feo.
Across the Wide Missouri, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Celanese Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1951 ?
- Tom Quirke: Journalist.
- Ronald De Feo: American homicide.
- Ronald DeFeo: Jr.
- Tommy Taylor: English footballer and manager.
- Stuart Tosh: Scottish singer-songwriter and drummer (10cc and Pilot).
- Hans Cloos: German geologist and academic (d. 1951).
- Prof Youngblood demonstrates artificial heart in Paris
- September 28 ampndash A blue sun is seen over Europe: the effect is due to ash coming from the Canadian forest fires 4 months previously.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 September 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?