Wednesday 26 September 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Across the Wide Missouri, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1951 ?
- Ronald DeFeo: Jr.
- Tommy Taylor: English footballer and manager.
- Stuart Tosh: Scottish singer-songwriter and drummer (10cc and Pilot).
- Ronald De Feo: American homicide.
- Tom Quirke: Journalist.
- Hans Cloos: German geologist and academic (d. 1951).
- Prof Youngblood demonstrates artificial heart in Paris
- September 28 ampndash A blue sun is seen over Europe: the effect is due to ash coming from the Canadian forest fires 4 months previously.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sin (It's No Sin) - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- Patti Page - And So to Sleep Again
- Wonder Why - Vic Damone
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?