Sunday 26 September 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alice and Joseph Garuti.
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
The Barefoot Contessa, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The George Gobel Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1954 ?
- Alice : Italian singer-songwriter and pianist, active since 1971.
- Joseph Garuti: American accused of murdering his ex-wife by running her over with his vehicle.
- Craig Chaquico: American guitarist (Jefferson Starship).
- Kevin Kennedy: American baseball player manager and sportscaster.
- Ellen Roosevelt: American tennis player (Born 1868).
- Japanese ferry boat Toya Maru sinks in Strait of Tsugaru, 1172 die
- KODE TV channel 12 in Joplin, MO (ABC) begins broadcasting
- KUTV TV channel 2 in Salt Lake City, UT (NBC) begins broadcasting
- Patty Berg wins LPGA Ardmore Golf Open
- Typhoon hits Japan - 5 ferryboats sink killing about 1,600
- WANE TV channel 15 in Fort Wayne, IN (CBS) begins broadcasting
- WCAX TV channel 3 in Burlington, VT (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Yogi Berra plays his only game at 3rd and Mickey Mantle plays shortstop
- Japanese rail ferry Toya Maru sinks during a typhoon in the Tsugaru Strait, Japan killing 1,172.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?