Monday 26 September 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patty Reagan and Carlene Carter.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Yellow Rose Of Texas by Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
The Trouble with Harry, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Captain Kangaroo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1955!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1955 ?
- Patty Reagan: American astrologer who lived her whole live in Galveston, TX.
- Carlene Carter: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- New York Stock Exchange suffers worst stock prices decline since 1929.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 September 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- The Shifting, Whispering Sands Part 1 & 2 - Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves
- Fontane Sisters - Seventeen
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?