Monday 26 September 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bret Erickson and Uwe Bein.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own by Connie Francis.
In UK Apache by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Never on Sunday, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Andy Griffith Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1960!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1960 ?
- Bret Erickson: Bennington, Nebraska -- US trap (1996 Olympics).
- Uwe Bein: German footballer and manager.
- Jouke de Vries: Dutch academic and politician.
- 1st of 4 TV debates Nixon and Kennedy took place (Chicago)
- Ted Williams last at bat is his 521st HR (off Jack Fisher)
- Longest speech in United Nations history (4 hours, 29 mins, by Fidel Castro).
- First of four televised US Presidential debates take place: Richard Nixon and John Kennedy (Chicago, Illinois).
- Fidel Castro announces Cuba's support for the U.S.S.R.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- Brook Benton - Kiddio
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?