Tuesday 26 September 1961
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Take Good Care Of My Baby by Bobby Vee.
In UK Johnny Remember Me by John Leyton was in the top 5 hits.
Paris Blues, directed by Martin Ritt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1961!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1961 ?
- Charlotte Fich: Danish actress.
- Marianne Mikko: Estonian journalist and politician.
- Ken Mitsuishi: Japanese actor.
- Oliver Peyton: Irish businessman.
- Will Self: English journalist and author.
- Ted Kennedy: American noted family, the son of Joan and Ted Kennedy, the second of their three kids. He lost his right leg to cartilage cancer at age 12, November 1973. He was fitted with an artificial leg, followed by chemotherapy, and declared free of cancer from 1979. He is an active sportsman; swimmer, tennis player, and races sailboats competitively. He fights discrimination against the disabled as a health and disability law attorney at a New Haven, CT law firm.
- Cindy Herron: American singer (En Vogue)
- From the Second City opens at Royale Theater NYC for 87 performances
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vee - Take Good Care Of My Baby
- The Highwaymen - Michael
- Dick and DeeDee - The Mountain's High
- Roy Orbison - Crying
- The Jive Five - My True Story
- Elvis Presley - (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame
- Elvis Presley - Little Sister
- Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor (On The Bedpost Over Night) - Lonnie Donegan and His Skiffle Group
- Barry Mann - Who Put The Bomp (In The Bomp, Bomp, Bomp)
- Johnny Tillotson - Without You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 September 1961 and get them!