Thursday 26 September 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
Coogan's Bluff, directed by Donald Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1968!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1968 ?
- Scott Schorer: Burke, Virginia -- Rower (1996 Olympics).
- Tricia O'Kelley: American actress producer and screenwriter.
- Ben Shenkman: American actor.
- James Caviezel: American actor.
- Frédéric Moncassin: French road racing cyclist, who competed professionally from 1990 to 1999.
- Jim Caviezel: American actor, who played Jesus in Mel Gibson's controversial film, "The Passion of the Christ" (2004). For the role, the actor learned some Aramaic, Hebrew and Latin; he had grown up Catholic but felt that the role brought new dimension to his faith. He was struck by lightning wile filming a scene for the Sermon on the Mount but was unhurt.
- 1st broadcast of Hawaii Five-O on CBS-TV
- Marcelo Caetano elected Premier of Portugal
- Theatre censorship ends in Britain
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- Deep Purple - Hush
- The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
- The 1910 Fruitgum Company - 1,2,3 Red Light
- Clarence Carter - Slip Away
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Fool On The Hill
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 September 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?