Saturday 26 September 1970
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
The Baby Maker, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1970 ?
- Paul Laus: Beamsville -- NHL defenseman (Florida Panthers).
- Trevor Ruffin: NBA guard (Philadelphia 76ers).
- Sheri Moon Zombie: American actress.
- Sheri Zombie: American actress and fashion designer.
- David Parland: Swedish guitarist (Dark Funeral War Necrophobic and Infernal) (d. 2013).
- Judy Rankin wins LPGA Lincoln-Mercury Golf Open
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Edwin Starr - War
- Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Dawn - Candida
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Rare Earth - (I Know) I'm Losing You
- Anne Murray - Snowbird
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 September 1970 and get them!