Sunday 26 September 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Hey Girl Don't Bother Me by The Tams was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Picture Show, directed by Peter Bogdanovich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1971 ?
- Elva Dryer: Durango, Colorado -- 1.5K / 5K runner.
- Susan Smith: American homicide; a mother who drove her Mazda car into 18 feet of water in John D. Long Lake near Union, SC with her two sons strapped in their car seats in the back seat, 10/25/1994, c. 9:00 PM.
- Rich Piana: YouTube Star.
- Muriel Kirkland: Actress (Nana, Fast Workers), dies of emphysema at 68.
- Jim Palmer is 4th Oriole to win at least 20 games this season
- Pam Higgins wins LPGA Lincoln-Mercury Golf Open
- WGBY TV channel 57 in Springfield, MA (PBS) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Dramatics - Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get
- Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?