Wednesday 26 September 1973
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to We're An American Band by Grand Funk.
In UK Young Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
What?, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1973!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1973 ?
- Marty Casey: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Lovehammers).
- Julienne Davis: American actress producer and screenwriter.
- Mizuki Sano: Japanese actor.
- Chris Small: Scottish snooker player and coach.
- Olga Vasdeki: Greek triple jumper.
- David Richie: NFL nost tackle (Denver Broncos - Super Bowl 32)
- Wilt Chamberlain signs with ABA San Diego Conquistadors.
- Concorde flies from Washington DC to Paris, France, in record-breaking 3 hours 33 minutes.
- Concorde makes its first non-stop crossing of the Atlantic in record-breaking time.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Cher - Half-Breed
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin Man
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
- The Isley Brothers - That Lady (Part 1)
- B.W. Stevenson - My Maria
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 September 1973 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?