Friday 26 September 1980
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Upside Down by Diana Ross.
In UK Feels Like I'm In Love by Kelly Marie was in the top 5 hits.
Oh, God! Book II, directed by Gilbert Cates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Rage Of Angels by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1980!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1980 ?
- Yaser Hamdi: American-born accused of terrorism, he was captured in Afghanistan in December 2001 Hamdi's father was a petroleum engineer living in Louisiana at the time of Yaser's birth.
- Jane Darling: Czech porn model/actress.
- Daniel Sedin: Swedish ice hockey player.
- Henrik Sedin: Swedish ice hockey player.
- Patrick Friesacher: Austrian race car driver.
- Brooks Orpik: American ice hockey player
- Bomb attack on Octoberfest in Munich, 12 killed
- Cuban government closes Mariel Harbor ending "freedom flotilla".
- Soyuz 38 returns to Earth.
- The Mariel Boatlift officially ends.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- Irene Cara - Fame
- Eddie Rabbitt - Drivin' My Life Away
- Johnny Lee - Lookin' For Love
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
- Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright
- Larry Graham - One In A Million You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 September 1980 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?