Saturday 26 September 1981
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK Tainted Love by Soft Cell was in the top 5 hits.
Galaxy of Terror, directed by B.D. Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Cujo by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1981!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1981 ?
- Collien Fernandes: German TV host and actress.
- Aras Baskauskas: American reality show contestant winner of Survivor: Panama.
- Yao Beina: Chinese singer (d. 2015).
- Ayumi Tsunematsu: Japanese voice actress.
- Collien Ulmen-Fernandes: German actress.
- Christina Milian: American R&B singer and actress.
- Serena Williams: American ranking tennis player in 1998 along with her 15-month older sister, Venus. Her sister is in the Top Ten and Serena in the Top 50 and moving ahead. The girls were brought up in a supportive environment to prepare them for such pressures as the media and competition bring to bear during the tennis tours. Their dad Richard has been called both a genius and a racist who is keeping his gifted kids wrapped in the bosom of their family. He groomed his five daughters to play tennis, but it was
- First flight of the Boeing 767 airliner.
- Houston Astros' Nolan Ryan's fifth no-hitter, beats Los Angeles Dodgers, 5-0.
- Baseball: Nolan Ryan sets a Major League record by throwing his fifth no-hitter.
- Disney's weekly TV show moves to CBS, making it the first prime-time series to have appeared on all three major networks. The show is renamed Walt Disney, airing on Saturdays from 8:00 to 9:00.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- Foreigner - Urgent
- Ronnie Milsap - (There's) No Gettin' Over Me
- Journey - Who's Crying Now
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Eddie Rabbitt - Step By Step
- Commodores - Lady (You Bring Me Up)
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?