Monday 26 September 1983
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Samantha Hammel American producer and Samantha Hammel.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler.
In UK Red Red Wine by UB40 was in the top 5 hits.
The Professional, directed by Georges Lautner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bettkantengeschichten.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crystal Castles or Fortress of the Mutant Waffles.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1983!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1983 ?
- Samantha Hammel American producer: actress and singer.
- Samantha Hammel: American actress singer and producer.
- D'Qwell Jackson: American football player.
- Archimede Morleo: Italian footballer.
- Ricardo Quaresma: Portuguese footballer.
- Tino Rossi: French singer and actor.
- Lebanon Premier Chafiq Wazzan offers to resigns
- Patty Sheehan wins LPGA Inamori Golf Classic
- Cosmonauts Titov and Strekalov are saved from exploding Soyuz T-10.
- Ali Haji-Sheikh kicks New York Giants' record 56-yard field goal.
- Soviet military officer Stanislav Petrov averts a likely worldwide nuclear war by correctly identifying a report of an incoming nuclear missile as a computer error and not an American first strike.
- The ''Soyuz T-10a'' mission ends in a successful pad abort at the Baikonur Cosmodrome, when a pad fire occurs at the base of the Soyuz U rocket during the launch countdown. the escape tower system, attached to the top of the capsule containing the crew and Soyuz spacecraft fired immediately pulling the crew safe from the vehicle, a few seconds before the rocket explodes, destroying the launch complex.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- Stray Cats - (She's) Sexy + 17
- The Police - King Of Pain
- Spandau Ballet - True
- Michael Sembello - Maniac
- Kenny Rogers - Islands In The Stream
- Frank Stallone - Far From Over
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?