Tuesday 26 September 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
The Fountain, directed by Darren Aronofsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Inside My Heart by Robin McGraw was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 2006!
Which were the important events of 26 September 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 September
- Riots break in Dhaka, Bangladesh, due to frequent power outages. Hundreds are injured in confrontations with riot police . (AP)
- UK Prime Minister Tony Blair makes his final speech at a Labour Party Conference. (Sydney Morning Herald)
- In the United States, a jury rules in favor of the pharmaceutical corporation Merck Co. Inc. in a court case related to the painkiller Vioxx. The jury rejects claims that Vioxx caused the plaintiff's heart attack. (AP via Sharewatch)
- The Bush administration releases excerpts of a report stating that the War in Iraq has bred deep resentment in the Islamic world and provided Islamist militants with a ampquotcause célèbreampquot that allowed the global movement to cultivate supporters. (Reuters Alertnet)
- Zambian archbishop Emmanuel Milingo is excommunicated from the Roman Catholic Church by Pope Benedict XVI. (BBC)
- Former WorldCom chief Bernard Ebbers reports to a federal prison in the U.S. state of Louisiana to begin a 25-year prison term. (AP via Kiplinger Forecasts)
- At least 18 people are killed in an explosion outside a government office in Lashkar Gah in southern Afghanistan. (BBC)
- The European Commission confirms that Bulgaria and Romania are set to join the European Union on 1 January 2007, in what may be the last EU expansion before a European constitution is established. (BBC)
- ampquotWeird Alampquot Yankovic releases ''Straight Outta Lynwood'' in the USA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?