Thursday 27 April 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Fatal Wedding, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 27 April 1911 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Georges Dargaud: French publisher (Asterix, Kuifje), dies at 78.
- Bruno Beger: German anthropologist and ethnologist (d. 2009).
- Chris Berger: Dutch sprinter and footballer (d. 1965).
- Colin Gordon: Ceylon; actor (John-The Baron).
- Following the resignation and death of William P. Frye, a compromise is reached to rotate the office of President pro tempore of the United States Senate.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Gee, But It's Great to Meet a Friend from Your Home Town - Billy Murray
- John McCormack - Drink to Me Only with Thine Eyes
- Put Your Arms Around Me, Honey - That Girl Quartet
- Neath the Southern Moon - Merle Tillotson
- The Moonlight, the Rose, and You - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 April 1911 and get them!