Sunday 27 April 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Friedrich Goldmann and Judith Blegen in Missoula.
Citizen Kane, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1941!
Which were the important events of 27 April 1941 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Friedrich Goldmann: Composer.
- Judith Blegen in Missoula: Montana, USA; opera singer (Papagena - Magic Flute).
- Lee Roy Jordan: American football player.
- Jan D: Blaauw; Dutch Member of Parliament (VVD).
- Jennings Michael Burch: American author.
- Judith Blegen: American soprano opera singer, she began voice lessons in 1955 and made a debut with the Philadelphia Orchestra in 1963. After studying and singing abroad, she returned to the U.S. in 1969, making a debut at the Met on 1/19/1970. She is five feet and two inches tall.
- Guy Verrecchia: La Courneuve EXecutives
- Jennings Burch: American author (d. 2013)
- Pat Choate: American economist and academic
- Fethullah Gülen: Turkish preacher and theologian
- Lee Jordan: American football player
- Penelope Delta: Greek author (Born 1874).
- German troops occupy Athens, Greece.
- World War II: The Communist Party of Slovenia, the Slovene Christian Socialists, the left-wing Slovene Sokols (also known as ''National Democrats'') and a group of progressive intellectuals establish the Liberation Front of the Slovenian People.
- The breakfast cereal ''Cheerios'' is introduced as ''CheeriOats'' by General Mills.
- Orson Welles' film ''Citizen Kane'' premieres in New York City.
- The first Defense Bonds and Defense Savings Stamps go on sale in the United States, to help fund the greatly increased production of military equipment.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?