Monday 27 April 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Tarzan's New York Adventure, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 27 April 1942 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- John Buck: New Zealand vintner, the first person in the New Zealand wine industry to ever be awarded an Honorary Doctorate by Lincoln University for his contribution to the industry, given at a ceremony on 4/27/2001.
- Ruth Glick: American author.
- Jim Keltner: American drummer (Traveling Wilburys Plastic Ono Band and Delaney & Bonnie and Friends).
- Valeri Vladimirovich Polyakov Russian cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-6: TM-18).
- Gordon Roddick: English cosmetic manufacturer (Body Shop).
- Vittorio Cecchi Gori: Italian film producer and politician, the son of Mario Cecchi Gori.
- Tornado destroys Pryor, Oklahoma, USA killing 100, injuring 300.
- Belgium Jews are forced to wear stars.
- WWII: A national plebiscite is held in Canada on the issue of conscription.
- The Jewish Star of David is required wearing for all Jews in the Netherlands and Belgium. Other Jews in Nazi countries have been wearing it for longer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?