Thursday 27 April 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kiyokazu Kitamura and Paul Lockyer.
D.O.A., directed by Rudolph Mat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Alan Young Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1950!
Which were the important events of 27 April 1950 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Kiyokazu Kitamura: Japanese religious leader (known as Himegamisama: 'Honourable Princess God') who in 1968 succeeded her grandmother, Kitamura Sayo (1900-1967, known as Ogamisama), as leader of the Shinto-based new religion, Tenshō Kōtai Jingū-kyō (Dancing Religion) which Ogamisama founded in 1945.
- Paul Lockyer: Australian journalist (d. 2011).
- Tickets, Please opens at Coronet Theater NYC for 245 performances
- South Africa passes Group Areas Act segregating races.
- Apartheid: In South Africa, the Group Areas Act is passed formally segregating races.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bewitched - Bill Snyder Orchestra
- Ray Anthony - Sentimental Me
- Sentimental Me - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?