Wednesday 27 April 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Good Lovin' by Young Rascals.
In UK Somebody Help Me by The Spencer Davis Group was in the top 5 hits.
Fantômas, directed by Andr Hunebelle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1966!
Which were the important events of 27 April 1966 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Vyacheslav Oliynyk: Ukrainian wrestler.
- Matt Reeves: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Yoshihiro Togashi: Japanese illustrator.
- Dmitri Shostakovitch completes his 2nd cello concert
- Pope Paul VI and Soviet Foreign Minister Andrei Gromyko meet in the Vatican (the first meeting between leaders of the Roman Catholic Church and the Soviet Union).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
- Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
- The Outsiders - Time Won't Let Me
- Cher - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
- Herman's Hermits - Leaning On The Lamp Post
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?