Monday 27 April 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to ABC by The Jackson 5.
In UK Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
A Man Called Horse, directed by Elliot Silverstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1970!
Which were the important events of 27 April 1970 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Gianfranco Contri: Italian cyclist, winner of an Olympics Silver Medal on the 100 km team in Barcelona 1992.
- Dexter Boney: American basketball player, a guard for the Phoenix Suns.
- Tim Hanshaw: NFL guard (San Francisco 49ers).
- Mikiko Hagiwara: WNBA guard (Sacramento Monarchs).
- Kylie Travis: English-Australian actress.
- Arthur Shields: Actor (Your Show Time), dies at 73.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- The Friends Of Distinction - Love Or Let Me Be Lonely
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- Badfinger - Come And Get It
- The Ides Of March - Vehicle
- Tyrone Davis - Turn Back The Hands Of Time
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?