Saturday 27 April 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) by MFSB.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
The Lord's of Flatbush, directed by Martin Davidson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1974!
Which were the important events of 27 April 1974 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Pete Chryplewicz: tight end (Detroit Lions).
- Carlos Fortes: soccer player (Sparta).
- Frank Catalanotto: American baseball player.
- Johnny Devine: Canadian professional wrestler.
- Richard Johnson: Australian footballer.
- Pan Am 707 crashes into mountains of Bali, killing 107.
- 10,000 march in Washington, D.C., calling for the impeachment of US President Richard Nixon
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Ringo Starr - Oh My My
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Jim Croce - I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song
- Bobby Womack - Lookin' For A Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?