Monday 27 April 1981
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Morning Train (Nine To Five) by Sheena Easton.
In UK Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
Friday the 13th Part 2, directed by Steve Miner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Gorky Park by Martin Cruz Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1981!
Which were the important events of 27 April 1981 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Fabrizio Faniello: Maltese singer-songwriter.
- Joey Gathright: American baseball player.
- Patrik Gerrbrand: Swedish footballer.
- 1st female soccer official is hired by NASL
- Beatle Ringo Starr marries actress Barbara Bach [Goldbach]
- Xerox introduces the Xerox 8010 Star Information System. It features graphics display, word processor, mouse, laser printer, Ethernet, and software for combining text and graphics Priced at about $16,000, the computer is not a commercial success. During its lifetime, 100,000 units are produced.
- Xerox PARC introduces the computer mouse.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheena Easton - Morning Train (Nine To Five)
- Grover Washington Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Kiss On My List
- Blondie - Rapture
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Steve Winwood - While You See A Chance
- Gino Vannelli - Living Inside Myself
- Eric Clapton - I Can't Stand It
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?