Tuesday 27 April 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Nothin' On You by B.o.B..
Iron Man 2, directed by Jon Favreau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 27 April 2010 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 April
- Standard amp Poor's downgrades Greece's sovereign credit rating to junk four days after the activation of a €45-billion EU–IMF bailout, triggering the decline of stock markets worldwide and of the euro's value,ref name=quotBBCquot and furthering a European sovereign debt crisis.
- Norway and Russia settle a 40-year old conflict over their maritime border in the Barents Sea, announced during President Medvedev's state visit in Norway. (Reuters)
- India arrests a woman working at its embassy in the Pakistani capital of Islamabad on charges of espionage. (Xinhua)
- A mortar attack on joint Iraqi army-police office kills 2 Iraqi soldiers and injures 14 in Baghdad. (''USA Today'')
- About 20 senior military leaders in Burma, including Prime Minister Thein Sein, retire from their posts in the State Peace and Development Council to participate in the general election later this year. (Sify)
- A smoke bomb is thrown in the Ukrainian parliament during protests after Ukraine's extension of the lease on a Russian naval base in Sevastopol. (RIA Novosti)
- A United States Senate investigation finds that Goldman Sachs made billions of dollars at the expense of its clients during the collapse of the housing market. (BBC)
- Oh Eun-Sun becomes the first woman to successfully scale all of the world's 14 highest peaks. (CTV)
- Kenya's foreign minister Moses Wetangula arrives in the United Arab Emirates to resolve a diplomatic row after Kenya interrogated and deported members of the UAE's ruling family on terrorism charges. (BBC)
- London's Metropolitan Police release a report on the 1979 death of Blair Peach which concludes that a police officer was probably responsible for his death. (Report)
- The Israeli military disciplines four officers involved in two clashes with West Bank protesters in which four Palestinian civilians were killed. (BBC)
- A massive landslide hits a north Taiwan highway close to Keelung. (People)
- Sierra Leone introduces free healthcare for pregnant and breast-feeding women and children under five. (BBC)
- The evangelical group Noah's Ark Ministries International claims to have found a 4800 year old wood structure that they are ampquot99.9 percentampquot certain is the remains of Noah's Ark. (''Fox News'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 April 2010 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?