Thursday 27 August 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Call of the North, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1914 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Heidi Kabel: German musician and actress, most of whose stage roles were performed at the Ohnsorg-Theater in Hamburg, many of them in Low German.
- Catherine Marshall: Editor / writer.
- William Hiltner: American astronomer and astrophysicist who taught at the University of Chicago from 1943-70.
- John Weiss: German new testament.
- 2nd day of battle at Tannenberg: German bombs Usdau
- US war reporter Richard H Davis visits Leuven
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Prince's Orchestra - Love's Melody
- Fourth of July at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?