Friday 27 August 1937
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Prisoner of Zenda, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1937!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1937 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Mark Potter: British court judge.
- Phil Shulmon: Rocker (Gentle Giant).
- Phil Shulman: Scottish musician, played in the band "The Gentle Giant," formed by him and his brother Derek.
- Jay Silvester: American discus thrower, winner of a silver medal at the 1972 Olympics in Munich, succeeding to the great Al Oerter.
- Tommy Sands: American professional singer since the age of nine, who became an overnight sensation playing the lead TV role in "The Singin' Idol.
- Alice Coltrane: American pianist and composer (d. 2007)
- George E T Eyston sets world auto speed record at 345.49 mph
- Brooklyn Dodgers' Fred Frankhouse no-hits Cincinnati Reds, 5-0 in 7 2/3 inning game.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?