Monday 27 August 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
People Will Talk, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1951 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Buddy Bell: American baseball player and manager.
- Mack Brown: American University of Texas Head Football Coach.
- Randall Garrison: American-Canadian criminologist and politician.
- Don [Sheldon George] Pooley Jr: Phoenix, Arizona -- PGA golfer (1980 BC Open).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?