Thursday 27 August 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Island in the Sky, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The High And The Mighty by Ernest K. Gann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1953 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Tom Berryhill: American businessman and politician.
- Joan Smith: English journalist and author.
- Charlie Farren: American musician turned private citizen, Farren was once the lead singer, writer, and a guitarist for the Joe Perry Project and Farrenheit, popular rock bands of the 1980s.
- Peter Stormare: Swedish-born actor.
- Alex Lifeson: Toronto, Ontario -- Rock guitarist (Rush).
- Willy "Mink" Deville [Borsay]: US blues / rock singer (Hey! Joe)
- Nicolai Berezowsky: Composer, dies at 53.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?